The key to success in any B2B company is being able to plan and run a B2B marketing campaign that gets results.
What is a B2B marketing campaign?
A B2B marketing campaign is a targeted and strategised set of efforts designed to achieve a specific, company goal. This goal could be generating awareness and excitement around the launch of a new product, demand or lead generation, a company rebrand, a response to a major industry development – or just about anything else! A campaign can be built and delivered across multiple channels – earned or owned media, events, digital and social, and comprise of various activities including, blogs, eBooks, webinars, social media, videos, and emails.
How your business can benefit from a B2B marketing campaign:
An effective B2B marketing campaign can help you meet some of your key marketing and wider business goals, including:
- Raising brand awareness
- Increasing web traffic and engagement
- Boosting your SEO, increasing your chances of being discovered and selected in search results
- Driving prospects through the sales funnel
- Generating leads and conversions
- Building business relationships – B2B marketing campaigns can also be created to help build or maintain relationships with customers in between sales
Best tips for running a successful B2B marketing campaign:
- Know your audience – Knowing your target audience is crucial in the planning and running of your marketing campaign to ensure your content is highly relevant and engaging for the personas you’re trying to appeal to.
- Creating content – A B2B marketing campaign is intended to engage and motivate your key audience into action, whether they’re employees or potential customers. Therefore, it is vital that your content is not only informative but engaging too. Especially if your aim is to create action such as pushing the prospect into your company’s sales funnel. Creating strong visuals (such as pictures, infographics and videos) is also key, as they can communicate your message quicker and easier.
- Where you distribute your campaign – the marketing channels you use carry a lot of importance. You need to consider what marketing channels will be most visible and appropriate to your target audience. You could also explore channels that your competitors haven’t yet taken advantage of. But make sure you know which channels the audience uses and map yours against them.
- Share! – Continuing to share your campaign through your social media, website and newsletter gives your campaign a better chance of reaching a wider audience.
If you’re looking to get started with a B2B marketing campaign, or are considering some support for your business, get in touch with us!