Our approach to analyst relations
- Industry analysts are specialists, each with an in-depth focus on specific topics. That’s why our approach always starts with research. This is critical to drawing up an accurate list of the analysts you should target based on their influence. Then, we research their work to understand where the opportunities lie.
- We always take a bespoke approach. It’s likely the number of analysts you need to influence will be relatively small, but each one will require something slightly different. At Skout we focus on a personalised programme to ensure your relationship with each analyst heads in the right direction from the start.
- We also investigate where paid relationships to analyst organisations can help you gain additional briefing opportunities and referencing within their reports and analyses.
- We then map out the programme of activities. This can include setting introduction appointments and helping you prepare your presentation materials. It’s also about securing ongoing briefing requests, meetings and web calls, customer reference visits, events and product deep-dives – as well as regular information sharing with key targets.
- Another vital element of the programme is keeping a calendar of upcoming reports that analysts are working on, and helping you provide the correct information in time for deadlines.
- As your analyst relationships build pace, we will work with you to plan out the right long-term contact schedules based on their feedback and preferences.
- Finally, we measure the influence you have gained. This can involve a range of metrics, both informal and anecdotal feedback from analysts themselves, as well as formal evidence of inclusion and ratings in analyst reports.
Key benefits of analyst relations
- Generate more business opportunities
- Improve your ability to close deals through positive analyst endorsements
- Increase third party references in the media
- Gain competitive advantage through strong positioning in sector reports
- Improve your brand’s credibility with key decision makers
- Create opportunities to signpost and reference analyst reviews in your marketing