- We forage for stories by getting to know key spokespeople across the business and delving into your products or services inside out. That’s how we uncover what it is about a client’s expertise and business activities that would make a great broadcast story.
- We ‘tap into the moment’, mapping our clients to the talking points of the day. For example, awareness days are key opportunities for businesses to gain broadcast media coverage. We dig deep to see if the client has any relevant insights so we can pitch these as ideas to TV shows, radio stations and podcasts.
- By keeping an eagle eye on the news agenda we source opportunities for clients to comment on trending topics.
- It’s key for spokespeople to be trained and know the right things to say, the best tone to take, and how to weave in the business’ messaging and brand. It’s just as important to have the facts, figures and data to hand to support what they’re saying. We ensure clients are fully broadcast media trained to ensure they deliver the right content in the right style for broadcast.
What to expect from Skout
- We have years of experience linking B2B brands with hot topics and current news stories. That’s how we find a hook to grab the interest of broadcast media journalists.
- Once we’ve identified key topics, we use our creativity to develop the best angle and shape them into broadcast-ready stories, presenting the client as an expert on the subject.
- Our honest approach means that we’ll be straight with clients about what will work and what won’t. Having tried and tested many broadcast media pitches over the years, we’ve got good knowledge of what journalists want from a story.
- It takes some effective training to be an articulate and confident media spokesperson. Our media training session will replicate a real-life broadcast media situation to help you overcome fears before the real thing. We will put you through your paces!