Chances are, you’ve spent a huge amount of time and effort perfecting your business’ messaging and building its reputation. So, it’s important that every interaction you have with the media supports this and reflects your business in the best possible way.
Our comprehensive media training workshops demystify the media and equip your key spokespeople. They’ll come away with all the tools and techniques needed to stay on message and make the opportunity a success, no matter what an interviewer may throw at them.
Our approach to media training
There are many instances where your key spokespeople may need to talk to the media, and every reason they need to be prepared. They could be proactively launching a new product. Or, they may be making a reactive statement in relation to a recent headline that affects your industry. Media training can make all the difference in how a spokesperson comes across and how the brand is perceived.
Our tried and tested approach makes sure that your spokespeople are fully prepared for every situation;
- We start by understanding your business, its media landscape and market position, to ensure a bespoke training package is created.
- To create insight and understanding amongst your key spokespeople, we introduce them to the different roles within the media, the pressures they’re under, and the types of opportunities available.
- Then we look specifically at the spokesperson’s involvement; the marketing context in which they’re operating and how their comments need to fit into this bigger picture.
- After this we move onto practical training; we create several challenging interview scenarios to put spokespeople under a degree of pressure.
- Each spokesperson’s interview is then reviewed and analysed. We talk through the strengths and weaknesses of the performance and offer detailed advice on areas for improvement.
- We can also provide video footage of the interview practice so spokespeople can refer back to it and use it as a tool for ongoing improvement.
How can we help?
Whether your spokespeople are facing their first media interview, or they have previous experience and simply want to sharpen up their skills, we can help. Here are some of the benefits we deliver;
- A greater understanding – both of the wider media context, and the importance of interacting with journalists appropriately.
- Establishing your spokespeople as confident, effective commentators – they’ll be armed with all the tools to deal with a variety of media opportunities.
- Brand building and increased brand awareness – you can be confident that mentions in the press will be directly aligned with key marketing messages.
- Greater consistency – we can replicate the same training for key spokespeople across the organisation. This creates the shared understanding needed to convey company messages clearly and consistently.
- Active media relationship building – Once your spokespeople are perceived as effective and adding value, journalists are more likely to rely on you as a future source, leading to more opportunities.
We provided B2B media training to managed IT and cloud services provider, Redcentric, to help keep all its spokespeople on message in the media.