A PR programme without a strategy is like a ship without a rudder! A good strategy should support and integrate with your business objectives and marketing objectives strategy too. Not only will it help set the agenda for your comms, it will also keep you focused on achieving best value from your investment.
Devising a winning PR strategy that works for the business needs to focus on:
- SMART objectives – what are you looking to achieve?
- Audience personas – profiling who you want to reach and why
- Key messages – what do you want these audiences to know about you?
However, knowing where to start to build your strategy and what to include can be a challenge. And, that’s where we come in.
- First, we do our research. We need to find out about your business; the markets in which you operate; the types of people or organisations that buy your products and services; and also consider who you should be targeting and how to reach these key audience groups.
- We also work with you to clearly define the goals you hope to achieve through PR and help to tailor the key messages you need to push out to each target audience group.
- Next, we would work out the best way to reach these target audiences. Whether it’s through national, regional or vertical media; a variety of social media channels; a regular business update newsletter; or a combination all of these, we will recommend an approach to targeting these key channels.
- Finally, we take a creative approach to devising ways to communicate key messages with your target audiences over an agreed time period.
What to expect:
- Focus: We can expertly guide you through the process of creating a winning PR strategy.
- Expertise: As specialists in B2B PR we understand your target markets and the media landscape in which you operate.
- Messaging: We can help you hone your business messages so that they resonate with your target audiences.
- Creativity: We ensure your strategy stands out well against what your competitors are doing.
- Reassurance: If you need to convince the board that your investment in PR is a good idea, a winning PR strategy will help you achieve this.
A good PR strategy was needed to help our client Wax Digital reach its target audience of innovative procurement professionals. You can find out how we worked with Wax here.