- It’s not always easy finding regular newsworthy topics to pitch out and keep your business relevant to target media. That’s why we dig deeper to explore what’s happening in your business. Whether that’s new products, contracts or senior appointments, we’ll find the story angles that work. And, when they’re in short supply, we’ll help create news angles, through research, for example.
- We don’t treat press releases as one size fits all. Each publication has different interests or angles that work for them. So, we work hard to tailor and adapt your news so it has wider appeal and can generate better quality results.
- Success is not just about the press release itself; it’s important to provide the full story package to the media. For example – do you have good supporting images, or video? Is there content that needs to be linked to from the story? What spokespeople can we offer, and do we need to find third party experts, too?
- We take the job of pitching news very seriously, using a combination of phone, email and social media contact to engage the media in your stories and show journalists how the story resonates with their readers, listeners and viewers.
What to expect from Skout
- We won’t just take your news at face value. We search for interesting angles that should be brought to the fore and use these as hooks to gain media interest.
- You can trust us to find the news in your business, rather than expecting you to look for it!
- Expert writers and former journalists who know what makes a good news story and how to write it.
- Pitch persistence – we don’t give in and will always try and reach for higher targets and opportunities.
- Honesty! We’ll tell you when your news isn’t news and why. We’ll also help you adapt it to make it newsworthy.
- Years of B2B PR experience, meaning we know what the media best responds to and have excellent media contacts.
We delivered a news focused campaign for Redcentric, generating over 50 pieces of news coverage through research.