OUR APPROACH TO TRADE PR
The trade media is often considered an easy target, but with so many brands vying for editors’ attention its highly competitive. Trade journalists have little time to sift through the hundreds of stories they receive each day. It’s easy for your brand to get lost in the crowd of ‘me too’ press content that simply doesn’t make the grade. Our storytelling-based approach cuts through this:
- We start by understanding your business and marketing objectives inside and out to ensure what we deliver matches.
- We then survey the trade landscape to see what is going on. This is an essential backdrop and tells us what types of PR story are going to work best.
- Next we go story foraging within your business – delving deep to see what natural story angles you have.
- We also tap into your customer advocates to help us build out credible evidence that the media will love.
- Then we craft stories with specific trade media in mind. Trying to fit a square peg into a round hole doesn’t work.
- When its time to approach the trade media, we start with an open conversation – so that we can explain the relevance of a potential story to them and spark their interest.
5 BENEFITS OF TRADE PR
We’ve helped many clients from small start-ups to the largest enterprises with Trade PR during our careers. Here are five common benefits you can expect to receive:
- Increasing coverage quality in your media heartland – more in-depth, on message and engaging results.
- Greater share of voice when measured against your nearest competitors.
- Long lasting, mature relationships with key editors and journalists that will encourage them to come back for more.
- More prominent placement in key media – such as front cover positions or lead stories.
- A wealth of media results that you can use to amplify other areas of your trade sales and marketing – such as social media, sales presentations, and customer newsletters.
We helped Wax Digital maximise its trade PR exposure.