To celebrate our fifth birthday, this week the Skout team plans to share five interesting facts about themselves. As the newest addition to the Skout team, here are five things you won’t know about me:
– I can make a range of different coffees from a Cappuccino, Floater coffee to a Macchiato. However no matter how hard I try I cannot make Instant coffee as Rob and Claire I’m sure now know. One of the chefs at the pub I used to work at, once gave me a 20 minute lesson on how to make Instant coffee after spitting my brew straight into the sink and gagged…brew anyone?
– I can’t say Ibuprofen. I always thought I could say it right for years until my Dad told me I couldn’t, then I realised I really can’t say it, along with burglary.
– The first time I ever flew I went to Beijing with my school, I had no idea what was going on and I nearly ask a complete stranger to hold my hand or just hug me.
– I’m quite OCD over the weirdest of things, for example I have a pair of Ugg boots which are not allowed to touch in case they rub together and one becomes more coloured than the other. I also have to try opening my car door 5 times after I locked it to know it’s definitely locked and I have to leave my cereal 20 minutes to soak before I can eat it.
– I’m extremely competitive. However I don’t play sports at all, I did get banned off the Wii because I got to competitive against myself and spent three hours trying to beat my own high score. I’m a bad winner and a very bad loser.
Katherine Wilding is Skout’s newest recruit and a PR apprentice.