Summer is generally a busy time in PR and this year has been no exception at Skout. We recently announced a trio of new client wins, and now we’re on the hunt for our next PR superstar.
Based in the centre of Macclesfield, we’re an awarding winning B2B PR and integrated communications agency who is proud of the quality of campaigns we deliver on behalf of our rapidly growing client base. We have a unique approach to storytelling, which we use to forage natural stories hidden within a business that our clients didn’t even realise exist.
We’re looking for a new account manager, someone with a passion and flair for storytelling and PR campaigns that directly support our clients’ communications objectives.
There are many reasons to join Skout for the next step in your PR career, but mainly, we’re a friendly bunch, with tons of experience, and we work with some great clients in the B2B sector.
Interested? Let’s tell you more:
What does the role involve?
- As an account manager, you’ll need to take ownership of your clients and ensure that PR, digital and integrated marketing programmes are delivered to a high level. Are you:
- A front line pitcher/media relations person for key clients
- Able to spot proactive and reactive media opportunities
- A strong and persuasive writer, whatever content format you turn your hand to
- Able to employ PR, digital and content marketing tools to deliver campaigns that go beyond what’s expected
- Happy and excited to be the first point of contact for your clients
- Able to deliver critical reporting and measurement?
- Managing client team members to ensure work is delivered on time and to the agency’s best ability
- Able to create awarding winning PR programmes
- Working well within a team and contribute to Skout’s culture as an agency that nurtures the individual
- Managing up as well as down
- Contributing to Skout’s growth through new business activities
- What you want it to be…. we’re looking for you to inspire us too!
What experience do you need?
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a UK PR agency
- Strong B2B, tech or SME experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of sector, business, regional and national press
- Evidence of outstanding results generated
- Experience of managing social media platforms
- Experience of creating, delivering and managing digital media campaigns on behalf of clients
What skills do you need?
- It’s a cliché but we need someone who can hit the ground running
- You’ll be expected to go beyond what’s asked of you
- You’ll be a multi-tasker with experience of working on multiple clients
- You’ll need to be a creative and critical thinker who’s able to solve problems
- While blue sky thinking is important we also need someone who has great attention to detail
- We want someone who is passionate about digging out stories and getting remarkable coverage
- Strong lateral thinkers who can link client topics to big news themes
- A respect for deadlines and a good healthy day’s work!
So if you’re bubbly, hardworking and looking for your next PR career opportunity then call 01625 869418 or email Claire.firstname.lastname@example.org to apply. Send us your CV, a cover letter and why you should be our next recruit. We look forward to hearing from you!
Kat Wilding is a regular contributor to the Skout blog