Today marks the start of Skout PR‘s celebrations for our fifth birthday! We’ve had cake and a wee glass of champagne to celebrate our birthday today, and we’ve decided to dedicate all blog entries this month to the number 5!
We’re kicking off with five things you may not know about about each member of the Skout team. And it’s my turn first – here’s five things you may not know about me:
- I once had a walk on part in an episode of Cracker! I assumed my fleeting appearance had gone relatively unnoticed when the show aired, but a friend who I hadn’t told about my ‘acting debut’ rang me in a fit of excitement to check it was definitely me and to ask why I was in it!
- Bonjour! I can speak French. Admittedly I’m a bit rusty having studied it over twenty years ago at Uni, but usually after a couple of glasses of white wine, my inhibitions fade and my fluency improves no end!
- I know more than I ever need to about WWE wrestling. My children are obsessed with the sport and I hate to admit it, but I’ve been somewhat sucked in. I certainly know my Batista Bomb from my RKO!
- My interest in technology started when I began work on an IT publication, before then becoming a technology PR specialist. Although I can write and talk about all things tech until I’m blue in the face, the truth is I’m a total technophobe and totally baffled by laptops, smart phones and Xboxes!
- I don’t like watching films! I’ve realised as I’ve got older that my attention span has significantly diminished and no matter what the film, I am guaranteed to have lost interest within the first twenty minutes.
Fiona Whyatt has worked in B2B PR for many years. She loves blogging!