Did you know there are 200 million users of Instagram in the world? And this social media platforms is rapidly gaining popularity among the business community as more and more brands sign up on a daily basis. With many businesses now having figured out what works for them on both Facebook and Twitter, many are now looking at Instagram as platform with which to engage with their audiences.
As Instagram is picture led, marketers needs to start thinking about their content from a visual perspective. Easy said than done but this article from PR Daily, offers top tips to make Instagram instantly more accessible to a wider business audience:
- Be active – if you are blogging once a week, aim to Instagram with that frequency as well. Use Instagram as another channel to promote your blog and post an image illustrating the theme of the content to amplify your message.
- Keep it short – Brands that are active on Instagram tend to keep their posts under 140 characters, the same length as a tweet. You can then tweet out your Instagram without changing the copy. Bonus!
- Share the love – Did you know that a post that tags another Instagram user or includes an ‘@’ mention in the copy increases engagement by an average of 56%.
- Use hashtags, but don’t go nuts – When it comes to hashtags, be judicious. Hashtag where relevant but don’t go overboard.
- Think locally – Most brands (and people) don’t tag their location but thinking locally can have a big pay-off. Location-tagged posts tend to earn considerably more engagement.
Fiona Whyatt has worked in B2B PR for many years. She loves blogging.