Find out more about Claire Lamb, director at Skout…
- Why was PR your chosen career path?
It wasn’t. I fell into it by accident. But as a career it matches my personality (curious), passions (collaboration and creativity), and skills (reading and writing) so closely that it was the ideal path to take.
- If you hadn’t chosen a career in PR, what would you be doing?
Prime minister – although given that I have an opinion on everything, it’s unlikely that I would have lasted long.
- What’s the best piece advice you have ever been given?
Consider the consequences of every action but don’t let it prevent you from going for it.
- If you won the lottery, how would you spend it?
- What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?
I’ve had a few contenders but probably picking cauliflowers – backbreaking, repetitive and boring – field after field. And it meant that I had to camp out for an entire six weeks. As anyone who knows you will confirm, camping is not one of my favourite activities.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
A pink flamingo so I can live somewhere warm and tropical (rather than the wettest part of the country).
- If you could, would you live forever, and why/not?
Yes and no. I feel like I’ve already witnessed huge changes to the way we live and work in my short lifetime, so yes it would be amazing to see the rapid onward development of the human race and the planet we exist on. But for exactly the same reason, it would be terrifying, so no I’d be happy to pop my clogs before that happened.
- Who are your top three dream dinner party guests?
Elon Musk, Gautama Buddha and Brad Pitt (but not in his clean living phase).