So today is the day that America stops to be thankful for all that is great and good in their lives. Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated primarily in the USA and Canada and was traditionally a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year.
Each year I’ve noticed the media talk about this annual event more and more and Chris Evans breakfast show this morning was practically dedicated to what he and all his listeners were thankful for. Just as slowly but surely as Halloween has become an event in this country, will we all soon be seeking recipes from across the pond so we too can give thanks and feast on pumpkin and pecan pie?
Apparently, us PR types have 10 things to be thankful for as shared today on PR Daily:
- Clients – without them we would have no job!
- Media feedback – we’ve all pitched stories to journalists that disappear into a black hole – we’re all grateful for any feedback, even if it’s negative.
- High activity – no-one could ever say PR is a boring job
- Media databases – our job would be so much more difficult without them.
- Continued education – there’s always so much to learn.
- News feeds, apps and podcasts – PRs have a ferocious appetite for news and these help us keep up to speed.
- Smartphone – need we say more?
- Crises – sometimes it takes one of these for client’s to realise our worth.
- Peers – let’s face it, no-one else understands what we do.
- Holidays – Oh yes…..!
Fiona Whyatt has worked in B2B PR for many years. She loves blogging!