In our final blog on our guide to Natural PR, we give our top ten tips to findings those hidden gems within your organisation.
- Forget formal meetings – seek out new friends in new departments and find out what they’re working on, over a drink down the pub or a lunchtime run.
- For back-story research suggest an internal ‘inspiration programme’ where the management are interviewed by new recruits.
- Utilise LinkedIn and Twitter, plus industry even speaker profiles, to find experts that you could collaborate with.
- You can also use LinkedIn to find possible back story hints on your management team’s profiles.
- Keep on good terms with the reception staff – they’ll know when clients are visiting the office allowing you to ‘invite’ yourself to meetings and start to a PR dialogue.
- A good rapport with executives’ Pas will also help with the above tip.
- Put yourself through product training and every company boot camp going to ensure you know if all inside out.
- Spend some time shadowing people or working in other departments or parts of the organisation.
- Set up an internal blog competition to encourage people to air their opinions. Keep it internal at first and set parameters – you could find hidden spokespeople.
- Perhaps most important, work hard to build relationships with anyone who has influence – the more people who are bought in to helping your dig out stories, the better the result.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this series of blogs. To download the full guide, click here.