While The Times runs the gauntlet with reactions to its new online pay wall, the Manchester Publicity Association is opening its doors for free.
As part of its 90th year celebrations the inclusive MPA is allowing free membership for anyone who is working in marketing and public relations within Manchester or otherwise, in the interests of collaborative success.
Skout PR supports this move wholeheartedly. As reported in How-Do last week we’re looking to achieve the highest value, most flexible, networked PR, something borne out of specialist collaboration across the industry.
The MPA’s philosophy is simple. If the region’s best minds can collaborate then they stand a chance of taking Manchester’s in the creative, digital, film and media sector, creative, digital, film and media community onto a global stage.
The MPA is a not-for-profit membership organisation for the creative, digital, film and media sector in the Greater Manchester region. Founded in 1920, it has grown to become the largest publicity association in Europe.
The Association is pursuing a strategy to create the most integrated creative, digital, film and media community in Europe. Proof that you can teach new tricks to the oldest of dogs!
Well done MPA. To register for membership go to www.mpa.org.uk. Here’s some more information about its aims and objectives…
The MPA’s objectives are:
- To champion the creative, digital and media sector both regionally, nationally and internationally
- To help develop the creative, digital, film and media talent base
- To provide a powerful, credible and representative voice for the community within all key stakeholder groups
- To ensure that Manchester is recognised as the UK’s number one city within the creative, digital and media community outside London
The MPA aims to:
- Act as a strong voice for the media community in the North West of England
- Support members in personal & professional development
- Ensure high standards of education & training within the media industry
- Provide a social forum offering entertainments and sporting events
- Raise funds for charity
- Add value to membership by offering a wide range of benefits