We’re hiring here at Skout. We’re looking for an amazing, hands-on, get stuck in, sort us out office, HR and finance administrator to join our team. We need someone proactive who is not only going to take on the current processes in these areas but be able to review their effectiveness and advise/recommend/implement improvements.
We’re a small business so you need to be a bright, self-starter who likes job variety and has a mixture of strong organisational skills, financial experience, and is an excellent communicator.
On the finance side a good head for numbers is essential – and experience of using financial management systems (ideally, Quickbooks).
In terms of the office, we’re looking for excellent organisation and a proactive attitude to finding better, cheaper and more effective ways of running things.
We also need someone to support the HR lead with employee engagement, training and development.
Experience of either working in an agency environment or a small business would be a great bonus as there is a need, from time to time, for everyone to muck in and get the work out of the door.
In return we offer great flexible working, personal staff benefits, training budget, up to 28 days holiday and more. And the chance to work for a bright, young PR agency.
This role is offered on a part-time permanent basis.
- Financial – ownership and management of all financial processes, including:
- Supplier invoice payments
- Cash flow management support
- Credit control/payment chasing
- Petty cash
- Bank reconciliations
- Creating and issuing client invoices
- Managing personal expenses
- Managing client recharges
- Bookkeeping (in Quickbooks)
- Working with MD to track expenditure against budget
- HMRC payments
- VAT admin
- Supporting accountant on annual accounts
- Tax payments
- Office – ownership of office management duties, including:
- Stationery supplies/ordering
- Food and beverage supplies/ordering
- Managing office suppliers e.g. window cleaning/cleaners
- IT/technology requirements – working with IT support provider
- Liaison with landlord e.g. over repairs, issues etc.
- Phone systems and communication services
- Sourcing new suppliers where required
- Achieving a tidy and organised office
- Meeting room bookings
- Parking rotas
- Operational support – assisting the client-facing team when and where required, including:
- Organising travel, hotels etc.
- Helping to pull together proposal and presentation documents
- Outsourced printing for meetings and pitches
- Organising outside catering for client meetings
- HR/employee engagement support – assisting the HR function when and where required, including:
- Identifying potential training course providers
- Booking and confirming training courses
- Managing training diaries for staff and internal providers
- Management of holiday calendar
- Managing benefits providers
- Timesheet analysis and reporting
For more information or to apply for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.