Part time office administrator
We’re looking for a bright, self-starting individual who likes job variety and has a mixture of strong organisational skills, basic financial experience and is an excellent communicator. If this is you, you could be just the right person to join our team.
We’re a dedicated B2B marketing communications agency. We deliver brilliant PR for clients across a variety of industries and like most employers we are looking for an enthusiastic, confident, organiser whose ambitions match our own. But we want more (we’re demanding, we know) – we want you to be you. Skout prides itself on having an inclusive culture and environment that lets you bring your unique self to work every day. Experience of working in an office environment would be great but don’t let that stop you from applying. If you think you have transferable skills then let us know.
The office administrator at Skout will excel at delivering core admin processes, seeing to all general office requirements and provide operational support for the team as required, all in a timely and effective manner.
Working along side the HR and operations manager you will be involved in all operational aspects of an agency, supporting the wider team in the following areas:-
- Financial – administration of basic financial processes, including:
- Client invoice management
- Supplier invoice management
- Cash flow management
- Petty cash
- Maintain supplier records/contracts
- Managing personal expenses
- Operations – ownership of office management duties, including:
- Stationery supplies/ordering
- Food and beverage supplies/ordering
- Sourcing new suppliers where required
- Ensuring a tidy and organised office
- Meeting room bookings
- Office & parking rotas
- Organising of staff and client gifts
- Organising travel, hotels etc.
- Manage general IT queries, liaising with IT provider
- People – supporting on HR processes and delivery, including:
- Learning and development
- Annual leave
- Rewards and recognition
Personal attributes and experience:
- On the finance side a good head for numbers is desirable – and experience of using financial management systems a bonus (ideally Excel and Quickbooks).
- In terms of the office, we’re looking for excellent organizational skills and a proactive attitude to finding better and more effective ways of running things.
- Operationally, support roles would be ad hoc. Experience of either working in an agency environment or a small business would be a great bonus as there is a need from time to time for everyone to get the work out of the door.
- Overall, we’re looking for a proactive individual – we want someone who is not only going to take on the current processes in these areas but be able to review their effectiveness and advise/recommend/implement improvements.
- Proficient in Office 365 – essential
- Experience with Quickbooks – beneficial
- Team player – essential
- FTE salary £21,000 – £24,000 a year based on experience (pro rata for part time)
- Part time contract, various options available to suit candidate
- £30 mobile phone allowance, pro rata for part time
- Annual bonus of up to 5% of salary based on individual and company performance
- £1000 training budget per employee, pro rata for part time
- Enhanced sick pay
- Opt in Denplan dental insurance
- Opt in Employee Assistant Programme
- 25 days holiday allowance, pro rata for part time, plus a day off for your birthday
- Reward platform – bonus points awarded for great work and teamwork
- Team social events – Skout breakfasts, team lunches, summer & Christmas events, annual off sites
- Face to Face hybrid working approach which we can make work for the right person
- Flexible working that treats you like a grown up to manage your own time
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com detailing your ideal part time working pattern and salary expectations.
Looking to learn more about Skout and what life is like as a member of our team? Head over to our Life at Skout page!