We are looking for a bright, confident, enthusiastic account executive who is keen to further their career in B2B public relations, content development and digital communications. Ideally, you’ll have a year or two of agency experience on your CV and are looking to make the next step.
As a key member of the PR, content and digital team, you can expect to utilise your skills in media handling, client relationships, writing, social media, brand development, marketing and communications, whilst developing your career to the next level.
While Skout’s clients work across a variety of sectors, many of our clients are at the forefront of innovation and we also have some big brands on our books too. There will be plenty of topical areas to get your teeth into.
This job is also an opportunity to work together with some of the best PR practitioners in the region whilst bringing your own experience and skills to the table
As an account executive, you’ll need to
- Work within your client teams to ensure that PR, digital and integrated marketing programmes are delivered to a high level through:-
- Front line pitching/media relations for key clients
- Spotting proactive and reactive media opportunities
- Writing strong and persuasive content in which ever format you turn your hand to
- Utilise PR, digital and content marketing tools to deliver campaigns that go beyond what’s expected
- Being a confident point of contact for your clients
- Supporting the delivery of critical reporting and measurement
- Work with your client team to develop awarding winning PR programmes
- Work well within a team and contribute to Skout’s culture
- Contribute to Skout’s growth through new business activities
What you want it to be… We’re looking for you to inspire us too!
Required skills, education and qualifications
- Minimum of one to two years experience in a UK PR agency
- Strong B2B, tech or SME experience
- Good understanding and knowledge of sector, business, regional and national press
- Evidence of outstanding results generated
- Experience of managing social media platforms
- Experience of creating, delivering and managing digital media campaigns on behalf of clients
- A professional approach with a drive for success
- Be interested in your environment – from the technology you use at home and work to the way you interact with others
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office 365
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus based on individual and company performance
- Training budget per person
- Health benefits – enhanced sick pay, opt in dental insurance
- Generous holiday allowance including day off for your birthday
- Reward platform
- Team social events
- Relaxed dress code, except when visiting clients
- Early finish on a Friday
- A home working/Macclesfield office split
With its roots in B2B PR, Skout provides its clients with content strategy and development, as well as other digital communication programmes. While its clients may sit in a variety of industries, one thing connects them all: that they’re focused on building brands in the B2B sector. That’s where Skout comes in.
Skout believes in foraging for stories. Whether those go on to be press releases, articles, blogs, tweets or infographics, Skout starts by finding and identifying stories that are meaningful for its clients and its audiences.
While Skout is small, it’s staffed by experienced account handlers. This means our clients get the knowledge and understanding that comes from being around the block once or twice, it also means that we’re not afraid to push boundaries, since we’ve done that a few times too.
If you are interested in joining our team submit your covering letter and CV to alex.gladwin@Skoutpr.com or click here.