If you’re a business-to-business (B2B) company, then you should know by now that PR is an essential part of your marketing mix. But what is B2B PR? How do you go about selecting a good agency? What services do agencies provide? And what are the benefits of outsourcing PR?
In this blog post, we’ll answer all those questions and more. We’ll also take a look at some case studies to show you how it can help your business achieve its goals.
What is B2B PR?
B2B PR is the strategic process of raising awareness and creating and maintaining a positive reputation for your B2B brand, products or services among key audiences. It is about more than just issuing press releases – it’s about telling your company’s story in a way that resonates with your target audiences and builds relationships with the media and other influencers.
How do you select a good agency?
A good agency will have a solid understanding of your business, your target audiences and your industry landscape. They will also have a track record of delivering successful B2B campaigns for other B2B clients.
B2B buying lifecycle: how can PR help
When selecting an agency, it’s important to consider chemistry and cultural fit. You want to make sure you’re working with an agency that you can trust and who understands your business goals.
What services do B2B PR agencies provide?
B2B PR agencies provide a range of services, from media relations and thought leadership through to crisis communications and social media. A good agency will be able to tailor their services to your specific needs and objectives. The core services offered are as follows:
- Media relations – This will help you develop and execute a media relations strategy that will raise awareness of your brand, products or services with key audiences. This may include writing and distributing press releases, pitching stories to the media, and arranging interviews and media briefings.
- Thought leadership – This can help you position your company as a thought leader in your industry. This may involve ghostwriting articles for senior executives, developing speaking opportunities at industry events, and conducting research to support your thought leadership position.
- Crisis communications – In the event of a crisis, an agency can help you manage the situation and protect your reputation. They will work with you to develop a crisis communications plan and can provide advice on how to best deal with the media and other stakeholders.
- Social media – An agency can help you develop and execute a social media strategy that will raise awareness of your brand and build relationships with key audiences. This may involve creating and managing social media accounts, developing content, and conducting social media campaigns.
What are the benefits of outsourcing?
There are many benefits of outsourcing this service, including:
- Access to specialist skills and expertise – PR is a complex and ever-changing field, and it can be difficult to keep up with the latest trends and best practices. By outsourcing this service, you can tap into the specialist skills and expertise of an agency that lives and breathes B2B PR.
- Objective perspective – It can be difficult to take an objective perspective on your own business. An experienced agency will be able to provide an objective perspective on your PR strategy and help you identify areas where you can improve.
- Flexibility – Agencies are typically much more flexible than in-house teams when it comes to scale and scope of work. This means they can quickly adapt their services to meet your changing needs.
- Greater reach – an agency can open up new markets and help you target key influencers that can have a big impact on your business.
- Improved ROI – Agencies are results-driven, and their focus is on generating a positive return on investment for their clients.
How do you gauge the success of a campaign?
There are a number of ways to measure the success of a campaign, including:
- Media coverage – Keep track of the media coverage generated by your campaign, including the reach, tone and key messages.
- Social media engagement – Keep track of the social media conversation around your campaign, including likes, shares and comments.
- Website traffic – Keep track of the website traffic generated by your B2B PR campaign.
- Leads – Keep track of the leads generated by your campaign.
- Sales – Keep track of any increase in sales that can be attributed to your campaign.
- Customer satisfaction – Keep track of customer satisfaction levels before and after your campaign.
The most important thing is to set clear objectives from the outset so that you can measure whether or not the campaign has been successful in meeting those goals. If you’re not sure how to measure the success of your campaign, an experienced agency will be able to help.
Skout has been delivering effective B2B campaigns for our clients for over 12 years. We have a team of B2B PR experts who can help you raise awareness of your brand, build relationships with key audiences, and drive results. To find out more about how we can help you, contact us today.